It’s time for Gonerfest ! The festival starts today so we are closing out our ‘meet the bands’ of Gonerfest with Bloody Show. They have that raw urgent punk vibe that represents the best of all things Gonerfest.
Meet – Bloody Show
1) for those unfamiliar with your bands history, can you tell us all how you all met up and decided to start a band? who would you list as your musical influence?.
Laura B wanted to learn drums and Jah had songs that no one else would play. After a litany of guitarists, Jay moved in next door and joined the band for half a lil Caesar’s pizza and a joint. Cosmic Psychos, feedtime, No Bails, AC/DC, Don Howland, TJSA, Pere Ubu and that’s it.
2) whats the coolest thing that’s happened to you as a band since you started up?
The consistent reactions of confusion and white guilt people get from the album cover.
3) How pumped were you when you found out you are going to play at Gonerfest?
More than our employers when we called in sick to get the hell out of Ohio.
4) Who or what are you looking forward to while You’re in Memphis for Gonerfest.
Record digging, Payne’s BBQ, seeing Royal Studios and taking a huge shit at the Hi-Tone.
5) what are some of your favorite albums from the past few years?
Don Howland – Life is a Nightmare, Messrs – s/t, Golden Pelicans – s/t, Make-Overs, Hank Wood & The Hammerheads, the Sleaze, No Bails – Epyx Shredder, Choke Chains – s/t, I Get Mynze – s/t, American Jobs -s/t, Counter-Intuits – Monosyllabilly, Craig Bell – Darwin Layne, Black Panties – Dead and Gone, Cowboys, Puff Pieces, Secret Tombs – s/t, Stefan Christensen, Kool 100s… There’s more but fuck them. Isn’t this about us?!
6) Do you see any real use for social media , or is it all just a pain in the ass to keep with?
*Sent from a smartphone*
7) Do you pay attention to reviews or comments from people about your music or do you just turn that noise off.
We got a soft spot for anybody who wants to serve our vanity. Anyone else can fuck right the hell off.
8) If you could tour anywhere in the world , where would you want to go.
To your house so I can tuck you in like your father.
9) Can music save the mortal soul or is just a good backbeat to your life.
Music (see also booze and weed) distract us from the hellish existence of the human condition long enough to forget that most of us are garbage.
10) Any last thoughts for your fans?
Thanks to nobody.