Today we meet , Bikini Beach from Konstanz Germany. I think the sheer versatility of this band will hook most of you into becoming instant fans with different band members taking the lead on vocals they can range from Ty Segall to NOTS in a flash and that is not an easy thing to pull off. Give a listen a few times, add Bikini Beach to your playlists, really cool band and I’m glad to have connected with them .
Meet – Bikini Beach
for those unfamiliar with your history, can you tell us you decided to give this whole music thing a shot?
– I (Nils) quit my pop-punk band and had enough of this dumbass music. Then i tried a lot of stuff. The HOLY GRAIL was the Garage Punk Radio Station on Grand Theft Auto 5. Wavves, Fidlar, Bassdrum of death, Thee oh Sees and Ty Segall blew my mind. So i wrote some Songs and ask the Girls to start a Band.
who would you list as your musical influence?.
– Ty Segall, The Kinks & Thee oh Sees
whats the coolest thing that’s happened to you as a band since you started up?
– We build our own recording studio with tapemachines, German 60’s mics & stuff.
Any thoughts on the next album? Have you written any new songs that you want to tell us about?
– No, we released our new album 3 days ago.
what are some of your favorite albums from the past few years?
– Ty Segall – Melted
– Thee oh sees – Floatin coffin
– The Aquadolls – Stoked on you
Do you see any real use for social media , or is it all just a pain in the ass to keep with?
– It’s pain in the ass to keep posting constantly any shit to be not forgotten.
Do you pay attention to reviews or comments from people about your music or do you just turn that noise off.
– It’s interesting to read some stuff from People we don’t know. I found a concert review from a show we played in Stuttgart, Germany. The Guy wrote that Seatle is at the Lake of Constance (where we from) cause he tought that we’ve a touch of Grunge in our Sound. But if people don’t like us, i think about it but finally i keep doing my thing.
If you could tour anywhere in the world , where would you want to go.
– USA, West to East Coast!
Can music save the mortal soul or is just a good backbeat to your life.
– It’s what keeps us alive
Any last thoughts for your fans?
– thanks for reading this 😘