I’ve talked about and followed The Van T’s for over a year now along the way we have had a few Record of The Days promoting their cool sound. Today we bring you a little Q & A with The Van T’s giving you a little more insight as to their thoughts on rock ‘n’ roll. I think if The Van T’s were out of LA , they would be a household name here in America and Canada , they have that 90’s sound that a few bands are trying to do it’s just that The Van T’s do it better , the guitar work is up front and very clean wrapped around some very cool vocals , think Susanna Hoffs with a little bit more of an edge and you’ll begin to understand that The Van T’s would be a publicist dream band. Look for The Van T’s to conquer the rest of the world in the not too distant future…
1) For those unfamiliar with your bands history, can you tell us all how you all met up and decided to start a band?
Myself and Chloe are actually twins, so we’ve known each other for a while. I met Shaun through work and we know Joanne through playing in a different band.
2) Who would you list as your musical influences?
It’s difficult to say, we all have different influences, for myself probably the likes of R.E.M, the pixies, Ty segall and the B-52s. Chloe probably the likes of Pearl jam and Smashing pumpkins.
3) What’s the coolest thing that’s happened to you as a band since you started up?
People coming along to our gigs…because the want to is a pretty cool aspect. Also we’ve really enjoyed playing festivals.
4) What are your hopes and dreams as a band for the next few years?
As a band, probably to release more music and possibly and album in the nearer future and possibly gigging in places we haven’t been/played yet
5) What are some of your favourite albums from the past few years?
Champagne holocaust – fat white family
Currents – Tame impala
Honeyblood – Honeyblood
Salad days – Mac Demarco
6) Do you see any real use for social media, or is it all just a pain in the ass to keep with?
Social Media helps us out a lot, without it we would struggle
7) Do you pay attention to reviews or comments from people about your music or do you just turn that noise off?
We always read reviews and love feedback
8) If you could tour anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
We always said the US or Japan, anywhere at all really
9) Can music save the mortal soul or is just a good backbeat to your life?
Music is life
10) Any last thoughts for your fans?
Happiness is a choice and everything else is a matter of perspective
here are a few tracks from the excellent new EP ” A Coming Of Age” and after these two that are on Soundcloud you can listen to the other tracks on Spotify.