As we head into the weekend it’s time for a little pop fun. These two Ladies are having a blast and sporting some fabulous denim in the process. Here’s a little more from their press:
Heavily influenced by all things 90s, including a love for Levis denim, Lowla is the brainchild of producer Lo and creative stylist Lara. After meeting through chance when Lara appeared as a guest vocalist on a session that Lo was producing, Lo was immediately impressed and shortly after asked Lara to work on a project of their own. In addition to sharing the song writing and performance of their music they are both able to use their talents to bring together their vision for a project which is both musically and visually pioneering.
Meet – Lowla
1) For those unfamiliar with your bands history, can you tell us all how you all met up and decided to start a band?
Lo: I was recording Lara for another producers track. I was really digging Lara’s voice and soon after the session rang her with an idea and the rest in history!
2) Who would you list as your musical influences?
There really are so many, but here’s a little taste: Michael Jackson, Blood Orange, The Spice Girls, TLC, Jurassic 5, Wu Tang to name but a few.
3) What’s the coolest thing that’s happened to you as a band since you started up?
It’s been amazing to receive so much support and love for the first single – I think finally getting out there and connecting with fans has been super cool and very humbling.
4) What are your hopes and dreams as a band for the next few years?
We have lots more tracks in the making and are planning some great collaborations. It would be so great to go on tour, release an album and do lots of festivals!
Plus LOTS more denim! We can’t get enough.
5) What are some of your favorite albums from the past few years?
Grimes, Ibeyi, Lapsley, Mø. We love what JUCE are doing too.
6) Do you see any real use for social media, or is it all just a pain in the ass to keep with?
Yes, there’s absolutely a use. We think it’s now an essential element of communication, sharing your vision and connecting with music lovers and music makers. It gives us a chance to be more personal and curate our content. Plus, we LOVE Instagram!
7) Do you pay attention to reviews or comments from people about your music or do you just turn that noise off?
At this early stage, it is really valuable to hear people’s initial reactions to the music, but we don’t get bogged down in negative comments. Music is so subjective. Let the haters hate and the lovers love. We just focus on writing and producing more and more.
8) If you could tour anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
Everywhere! A South American tour would be fun.
9) Can music save the mortal soul or is just a good backbeat to your life?
Hell yes it can! Music has and always will be an incredible force.
10) Any last thoughts for your fans?
Thank you! And watch this space… SO much more coming your way.